Welcome to the Arabic Jazz blog!

Ahlan wa sahlan!

Welcome to my blog. I've created this blog to share information and news about music that mixes elements of jazz and Arabic music. I'll also share scores and transcriptions etc. for musicians.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bukra - Rabih Abou-Khalil Transcription

This is the title piece of of Rabih Abou-Khalil's album "Bukra". The album has a bunch of great tunes and some particularly intense saxophone playing by Sonny Fortune.
More info here.

1 comment:

Christopher said...

Great page you have here. Bukra is one of my favorite recordings by any group, especially the solo oud pieces at the end. I especially like the bass playing on it, certainly Velez and Moore are no strangers to world music, but I was surprised that Sonny Fortune fits in very closely, too. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise considering how close blues is to musics of Africa and the Middle East. I've added you to the links on my daily blog 365 Dry Martinis. Thank you for writing about music.

Cheers.

Chris